Are you struggling with depression, anxiety, or stress?
Here is something simple you can try to help ease your emotional strain and tension. We have spoken about the ease with which essential oils may be purchased and used. Today we will look at specific essential oils to get you started on your way to better mental health.
Which essential oils should you try?
The following list of oils is simply a list that a family member gave me. I cannot attest to the validity of the statements regarding the oils. The following oils are listed, in alphabetical order, along with the common uses for those oils.
1. Bergamot- Eases stress and anxiety, promotes self-confidence
2. Cedarwood- Eases anxiety
3. Chamomile- Relaxing, soothing, eases anxiety
4. Clary Sage- Eases muscle tension, anxiety and emotional stress; relaxing, uplifting
5. Cypress- Calming, soothes anger, anti-spasmodic
6. Frankincense- Calming, restorative
7. Geranium- Mentally balancing, eases stress and anxiety, uplifting
8. Grapefruit- Boost confidence, refreshing, uplifting, relieves mental exhaustion
9. Jasmine- Promotes creativity, uplifting, calming, balancing
10. Lavender- Restorative, balancing, calming, soothing
11. Lemon- Improves optimism and focus, energizing, uplifting
12. Lime- Refreshing, uplifting, energizing
13. Mandarin- Eases nervous tension and anxiety, cheerful, revitalizing, uplifting, peaceful
14. Orange- Cheering, relaxing, uplifting, refreshing
15. Patchouli- Calming and uplifting (It has been said that this balances your emotions- if you are manic, it will bring you down and if you are depressed it will lift you up.)
16. Peppermint- Promotes concentration, relives nausea, invigorating
17. Pine Needle- Lessens apathy, mentally refreshing, motivating
18. Rosemary- Soothes tired muscles, assists with concentration, stimulates memory
19. Sandalwood- Calms, centers, relaxes
20. Spearmint- Invigorating, mentally stimulating
21. Tangerine- Relieves stress, uplifting, cheerful
22. Ylang Ylang- Inspires creativity, exhilarating
Dos and Don’ts of Essential Oils:
- Do not get essential oils in your eyes.
- Do not use without consulting a medical practitioner first.
- Do store the oils in cool, dark location.
- Do try a small amount of the oil before applying liberally.
Essential Oil Uses:
- To massage on skin, add 10-20 drops of an essential oil to 1 ounce of a carrier oil. Adjust the amount of the essential oil depending on the person’s age and medical condition. Never apply essential oils directly to skin unless the essential oil is purchased through a company like Young Living.
- To use oils in a water diffuser, add 8 drops of the essential oil per 2 1/2 cups of water.
- For a way to make a homemade oil diffuser, click here.
Additional Posts to Assist in Healthy Living:
To read other posts about healthy living, please click the blue underlined words below:
- Anxiety in Dogs
- Domestic Violence
- Adding Joy Amidst Stress
- Healthy Teas
- Detox Baths
- Five Strategies for Stress Reduction
- Twenty Tips for Improved Sleep
- Breathing Your Way to Better Health
Do you know someone who could use some simple tips for stress reduction and better health?
If you would like to share this page with others, please feel free to share using the social media buttons. We also have a convenient way for you to receive blog updates through your email. Simply sign up with your name and email address to receive more helpful tips. Your information will not be sold to a third party.